Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Bill Tomlinson <bt...@north88.com> on 2002/03/21 23:30:33 UTC

Torque: NULL integers

I'm a new Torque user and I've run into the apparently common problem of
integer fields in the database getting zeros when I really wanted NULL
(because fields declared as type="INTEGER" become Java ints in the code).

I checked the mailing list archive and the last thread I can find on the
topic is from last November, so I'm holding out hope that this problem has
been addressed and I'm either not doing something properly or I need to
upgrade to a 3.0 beta.

So has this been fixed yet?

Or has everyone been getting along just fine using a "0==NULL" rule (or
using NUMERIC instead) and if I have a problem with that I should get off my
ass and fix it myself?

Re: Torque: NULL integers

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.
Bill Tomlinson wrote:

> I'm a new Torque user and I've run into the apparently common problem of
> integer fields in the database getting zeros when I really wanted NULL
> (because fields declared as type="INTEGER" become Java ints in the code).
>
> I checked the mailing list archive and the last thread I can find on the
> topic is from last November, so I'm holding out hope that this problem has
> been addressed and I'm either not doing something properly or I need to
> upgrade to a 3.0 beta.
>
> So has this been fixed yet?
>
> Or has everyone been getting along just fine using a "0==NULL" rule (or
> using NUMERIC instead) and if I have a problem with that I should get off my
> ass and fix it myself?

The last thing you said. :-)

john mcnally