Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by todd runstein <to...@yahoo.com> on 2004/02/06 00:44:49 UTC

Re: JNDI datasource lost on redeploy - solved

Got it!

The reference to conf/Catalina/localhost helped me
search the archives to find a message from Derek Mahar
on 12/15/03 named "JNDI Issue with
GlobalNamingResources & DefaultContext Solved".  In
it, Derek suggests placing the context file in
META-INF/context.xml.  So I pulled out the <Context>
node from server.xml, pasted that in a new file named
context.xml, had ant put that file in META-INF while
building the war file and viola - success!

Thanks Josh and Derek!

--- Josh Rehman <jr...@citysearch.com> wrote:
> Can't solve your problem, but two things:first, try
> posting a war that
> reproduces the bug. In this case it might be an ant
> script that
> undeploys and redeploys a trivial war. Second, it
> has recently come to
> light that you aren't supposed to mess with
> server.xml Contexts anymore
> with TC5. You should modify the context xml fragment
> in
> conf/Catalina/localhost/ (or something like that).
> The fragment will be
> named after the context.
>
> todd runstein wrote:
> > problems..
>
> --
> Josh Rehman
> citysearch.com
> 213.739.3559

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org

=====
The only "dumb question" is the one you were too afraid to ask.