Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Gerteis, Roman" <ge...@emarketag.ch> on 2001/05/07 12:22:03 UTC

AW: HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM when accessing servlet

Hay,

yes it's necessary to compile mod_jk.so, but it's really easy. get the
Tomcat ressources and do exactly what is said in:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc/mod_jk-howto.html#s6
2

The build depends on OS and Apache Version so normally the distributed
binary is matching exactly one environment exapmle. (Probably not yours ;)

If you start the startup.sh (default configuration) TomCat runs standalone
and with the interface for Apache connections. (Port 8080 is standalone
Version, Port 8007 is for mod_jk connections) Therefore you can try both. If
Apache works well with your Tomcat you can remove the:

        <Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
            <Parameter name="handler"

value="org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler"/>
            <Parameter name="port"
                value="8080"/>
        </Connector>

Entry form $TOMCATHOME/conf/server.xml to run Tomcat not standalone anymore.

Regards.
roman