Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by A SG <as...@yahoo.com> on 2002/02/06 13:06:25 UTC

Re: Authorization problem

Hi,
This mail is in reference to the problem I had faced
quite a few days back.I configured tomcat and slide
according to
http://faq.globalvision.com.au/fom-serve/cache/88.html.
I have a few questions abt the directory structure of
tomcat.When the slide.war and slidedoc.war
was unpacked  folders slide and slidedoc were created
but no folder named files was created under slide
instead a folder files was created under bin.
I create a folder files under slide and create a file
named say xx.txt under bin/files and slide/files(this
is bcoz I am not sure from where it searches for the
file xx.txt)
If from the browser i connect with the url
http://root:root@localhost:8080/slide/files
then a page is loaded with acl list but no file is
listed under directorylisting.
However I created a folder named files under Root and
a file xx.txt under files.I connected with the url
http://localhost:8080/files/ and I could see the file
in directory listing.

Using the command line client
I was able to download a file from Root/files.But
while trying to upload a file i got the error
Uploading  'joy.txt' to '/files/joy.txt': failed.
Forbidden (403).
I am failed to both download/upload a file from both
slide/files and bin/files.
I connect with the url
http://root:root@localhost:8080/slide/files
The error while downloading is
Downloading  '/slide/files/xx.txt' to 'xx.txt':
failed.Not Found (404).
This clearly indicates that it hasnt been able to
resolve the path.
The error while I am trying to upload is the following
[LOCALHOST] /slide/files/ $ put xx.txt
Uploading  'xx.txt' to '/slide/files/xx.txt': failed.
Forbidden (403).

I guess I have been able to express the problem
clearly.I faced this problem around 2 weeks ago and
for some reason had to stop working on this.

Thanking in advance
Regards
Soumya....

J2EE DescriptorStore

Posted by Jacob Lund <ja...@qualiware.com>.
Hi All,

I am trying to use the J2EE Descriptor store. I get the following
message on my console:

06 Feb 2002 15:01:26 - slidestore.j2ee.J2EEDescriptorsStore - INFO -
06 Feb 2002 15:01:26 - INFO - FileContentStore rootpath:
d:\Tomcat4\contentstore
06 Feb 2002 15:01:26 - org.apache.slide.common.Namespace - INFO -
06 Feb 2002 15:01:26 - org.apache.slide.common.Namespace - INFO -
06 Feb 2002 15:01:26 - slidestore.j2ee.J2EEDescriptorsStore - INFO -
Connectingto "null" as user "null"
06 Feb 2002 15:01:26 - org.apache.slide.common.Namespace - ERROR -
Unable to read Namespace base configuration file :
06 Feb 2002 15:01:26 - org.apache.slide.common.Namespace - ERROR -
java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
slidestore.j2ee.J2EEDescriptorsStore.connect(J2EEDescriptorsStore.java:2
86)
        at
org.apache.slide.store.AbstractStore.connect(AbstractStore.java:236)
        at
org.apache.slide.common.AbstractServiceBase.connectIfNeeded(AbstractServ
iceBase.java:214)

The line connecting to "null" as user "null" does not seem right - The
username, password and database are all defined in my server.xml
datasource specification.

Am I missing something?

/Jacob