Posted to users@maven.apache.org by MavenZede <as...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/17 16:08:34 UTC

Maven2 jsf-web project on Eclipse

I have been trying to run a maven2 jsf project on Eclipse Galileo, but I did
not unfortunately. I tried a lot of ways, read thousands of web pages. My
first problem is that I cannot import my maven2 web project into Eclipse. I
know it should be happen when I run this mvn eclipse:eclipse, however it
doesnt. The eclipse project file (.project) already came after I run above
mentioned command, but again unfortunately this .project file could not
opened with eclipse. Some specification of system are ;
---Apache tomcat 6.0
---myFaces 1.2.7 for jsf
---Eclipse galileo (3.5 with WTP 3.1)

Re: Maven2 jsf-web project on Eclipse

Posted by Roland Asmann <Ro...@cfc.at>.
For the web-part you probably need to configure the eclipse:eclipse goal with
WTP-settings... Check the plugin-description on the exact settings.

I've been using this plugin for almost 3 years now and i works like a charm...
I have to admit though, I haven't used it in eclipse 3.5 or on TomCat, but
that shouldn't be a real problem...

--
Roland Asmann

CFC Informationssysteme Entwicklungsgesellschaft m.b.H
Bäckerstrasse 1/2/7
A-1010 Wien
FN 266155f, Handelsgericht Wien

Tel.: +43/1/513 88 77 - 27
Fax.: +43/1/513 88 62
Email: Roland.Asmann@cfc.at
Web: www.cfc.at

Re: Maven2 jsf-web project on Eclipse

Posted by Martin Schayna <ms...@gmail.com>.
install this plugin:
  http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/update/

do some configuration, first of all set $M2_REPO classpath variable

then open workspace and import maven2 projects by
  Import... -> Maven projects -> choose direcory with pom.xml -> Finish

and wait pretty loooong time for rebuilding Eclipse stuff :)

good luck

Martin Schayna

Re: Maven2 jsf-web project on Eclipse with details

Posted by Roland Asmann <Ro...@cfc.at>.
Maybe this might help you out:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/examples/multi-module-projects.html

Posted by Roland Asmann <Ro...@cfc.at>.
Sorry, that forth question was incorrect. Eclipse can't change the URL.
But, you said it shows up as a Java-Project? I presume packaging is 'war', so
it should show up as a web-project.

The nyhou can right-click the server and 'add projects'. I've never used
that 'run on server', I don't think you need it...

Please read and try the stuff in the link I sent, that should work. Just make
sure you have the WTP-settings configured for the call to 'mvn
eclipse:eclipse'.

Good luck!

Posted by MavenZede <as...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roland Asmann <Ro...@cfc.at>.