Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by "Jochim, Ingo" <In...@bautzen-it.de> on 2015/01/22 08:02:58 UTC

expunge disk issue

Hi all,

we are close to our capacity limit on the storage.
We noticed that deleting virtual disks within CS (4.2) never does free up space on the storage side.
Same for disk migration.
We reduced the expunge time but nothing happens.
Is there procedure to trigger this and check the status/progress?

Thanks,
Ingo

--
This email was Virus checked by Astaro Security Gateway. http://www.sophos.com

RE: expunge disk issue

Posted by Somesh Naidu <So...@citrix.com>.
That's VM expunge. For storage you should check storage.*.cleanup.* global settings. I am hoping these are enabled.

What Prashant is pointing at is for you to verify free space after capacity checker thread has run so CCP has the updated capacity.

When you say storage do you refer to primary or secondary storage?

Anyway, I am wondering if are you seeing disks on the storage that are stale (orphan) by a large margin, like few days/months, not getting cleared?

Somesh
CloudPlatform Escalations
Citrix Systems, Inc.

--