Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Miguel Griffa <mg...@technisys.net> on 2004/06/23 15:14:07 UTC

Re: RE : RE : maven-plugin-plugin generate docs improvement (MPPLUGIN-17)

Heritier Arnaud wrote:

>The problem is that in some plugins, the documentation of goals is very
>more detailled in the doc than in the plugin.jelly.
>In the goal's description you can't use HTML tags. For example :
>http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/dist/goals.html

HTML in goal documentation is ceratinly an issue, maybe, the description
data could also be available as an element inside the goal, allowing for
any content in there. This change is quite more critical I think...

Another possibility for the properties (maybe sensless, but just sharing
the idea) would be an 'undocumented-properties-report'), this report
would provide a similar use to broken links report.
This report may include information about when (goal) the property is
used and a sinppet of the context...
some sort of fuzzy property documenter... While not great, I think is
far better than nothing...