Posted to user@ode.apache.org by "Dwiputera Aries Fajar (CI/AFR-SG)" <ar...@sg.bosch.com> on 2008/07/25 10:36:55 UTC

JPADB

Hi,

I am trying to embed ODE to our infrastructure. I got some very lean(I guess) implementation from the tuscany SVN.
However, whenever I tried to execute the EmbeddedODEServer.java, I stuck on this line...

"URL dbLocation = getClass().getClassLoader().getResource("jpadb");
if (dbLocation == null) {....}"

My dbLocation is always null, and I have no idea regarding jpadb or whatsoever.
Could u help me with some enlightment here?

Thanks,
Aries

Re: JPADB

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org>.
On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 1:36 AM, Dwiputera Aries Fajar (CI/AFR-SG) <
ariesfajar.dwiputera@sg.bosch.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to embed ODE to our infrastructure. I got some very lean(I
> guess) implementation from the tuscany SVN.
> However, whenever I tried to execute the EmbeddedODEServer.java, I stuck on
> this line...
>
> "URL dbLocation = getClass().getClassLoader().getResource("jpadb");
> if (dbLocation == null) {....}"
>
> My dbLocation is always null, and I have no idea regarding jpadb or
> whatsoever.
> Could u help me with some enlightment here?

With ODE by default we use an embedded database. The default embedded
database is Derby and we pre-generate the schema as part of our build
process so when you first start ODE, everything is ready. Here "jpadb"
refers to the directory in our web application that contains the Derby
database. As you can see it's loaded from the classpath so the only
requirement is to have this directory in your classpath somewhere to have it
picked up.

IIRC correctly the Tuscany test sample downloads the database from one of
our releases in a Maven2 repo and explodes it to run its tests. So you can
probably get this directory from there once the sample has been runned at
least one. Alternatively you can also get a zip there (I think Tuscany still
uses ODE 1.1.1):

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ode/ode-dao-jpa-ojpa-derby/1.1.1/

Hope this helps,

Matthieu