Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Bhattacharya, Sudip" <su...@genpact.com> on 2010/05/24 16:12:29 UTC

How to pick items from a grid

Hi,

I have to code the following scenario:

1. User Logs In
2. Gets a grid containing all existing records
3. Picks the first item from the grid
4. Processes it. Completes the transaction.
5. Gets back to the grid page again
6. Picks first item from the grid. The previously processed item would be removed from the grid by now, so this would be another item.

This way the user will continue in a loop.. pick first item... process... complete transaction... get  back to grid and pick the first item from the new list...

What is the best way to pick up the first item from the grid.
The items have a hyperlink which has to be clicked to open the item from the grid.

The hyperlink looks like:

How do I retrieve this link from the grid, and send out a request for this URL in my load script?

Regards,
Sudip
This e-mail (and any attachments), is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read, copied and used only
by intended recipients. Unauthorized access to this e-mail (or attachments) and disclosure or copying of its
contents or any action taken in reliance on it is unlawful. Unintended recipients must notify the sender immediately
by e-mail/phone & delete it from their system without making any copies or disclosing it to a third person.

RE: How to pick items from a grid

Posted by Steve Eckhart <St...@wausaufs.com>.
I like this site for explaining regular expressions: http://www.regular-expressions.info/reference.html.

This site will allow you to test your regular expression to make sure you've got it right: http://regexlib.com/RETester.aspx

Steve Eckhart
Business Analyst/Project Manager

WAUSAU Financial Systems
14010 FNB PKWY STE500
Omaha, NE 68154-5206
Email: steve.eckhart@wausaufs.com

Enterprise Payment Solutions.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This electronic transmission (including files attached hereto) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying, distribution or taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this confidential information is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please destroy it and immediately notify us by return email.  Thank you.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 25/05/2010, Bhattacharya, Sudip <su...@genpact.com> wrote:
> Thanks. Managed with some regex patterns taken from a web sample.
>
>  Is there any guide on the regex that provides details on how to construct the regex patterns?

Have you read:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/regular_expressions.html

JMeter uses Jakarta ORO, which has a demo here:

http://jakarta.apache.org/oro/demo.html

Posted by "Bhattacharya, Sudip" <su...@genpact.com>.

Posted by sv...@icarinae.com.