Posted to dev@skywalking.apache.org by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/30 04:00:09 UTC

[TEST REQUIRE] 8.1.0 release preparation

Hi Dev team

With the last PR of Kafka transport[1] merged, all features in the 8.1.0
milestone have been ready.
All committers and contributors, please test the master branch, commit id
is `f9257f5274f6a55e8bf8424444707aecf7a1f2c1`, and provide the feedback.

If this goes well, I will start the official release process.

Thank you all to make this release ready.

[1] https://github.com/apache/skywalking/pull/4847

Sheng Wu 吴晟
Twitter, wusheng1108

Re: Re: [TEST REQUIRE] 8.1.0 release preparation

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Demo env has been updated, there is once it was not working(no instance
list) at the 1st time, it seems caused by ES concurrency initialization
issue.
Basically it works now, after the whole re-initialization and reboot.
Also, in order to reverify this again, I did a local test on cluster
mode(ZK), 2 OAP nodes. It works as expected.

+1 for this release.

Sheng Wu 吴晟
Twitter, wusheng1108

zteny@foxmail.com <zt...@foxmail.com> 于2020年7月31日周五 上午11:01写道:

Posted by "zteny@foxmail.com" <zt...@foxmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Hongtao Gao <ha...@gmail.com>.
I checked below items:

1. build from source
2. build docker images of OAP and UI.
3. SO11Y and Prometheus fetcher work fine.
4. Opencensus receiver can ingest metrics successfully.

Thanks, Hongtao.

han liu <mr...@gmail.com> 于2020年7月30日周四 下午7:18写道:

--
Hongtao Gao

Apache SkyWalking && Apache ShardingSphere
Twitter, @hanahmily

Re: Re: [TEST REQUIRE] 8.1.0 release preparation

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Thank you all for testing and fixing.

I will start the release process after the 5210 PR merged.

Sheng Wu 吴晟
Twitter, wusheng1108

zteny@foxmail.com <zt...@foxmail.com> 于2020年7月31日周五 下午3:12写道:

From: han liu
Date: 2020-07-30 19:18
To: dev
Subject: Re: [TEST REQUIRE] 8.1.0 release preparation

Posted by han liu <mr...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Update, all tests, including CI, plugin tests, and e2e tests are passed on
the GitHub action env.

Sheng Wu 吴晟
Twitter, wusheng1108