Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Paul Mandeltort <pa...@marcospec.com> on 2017/09/06 19:46:30 UTC

Re: Alternative UI: Vaadin proof of concept

Haven’t had time to dig into the code, but at a high level I feel Vaadin is one of the best bets for helping OFbiz get a modern UI and as a result much greater adoption!
—P

Posted by Aishwary Shrivastava <ai...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Vaadin looks amazing, definitely, a good and modern UX will make OFBiz an
Ace of all trades.

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 1:16 AM, Paul Mandeltort <pa...@marcospec.com> wrote:

> Haven’t had time to dig into the code, but at a high level I feel Vaadin
> is one of the best bets for helping OFbiz get a modern UI and as a result
> much greater adoption!
> —P
>
> On Aug 28, 2017, 8:37 PM -0500, Hans Bakker <h....@antwebsystems.com>,
> wrote:
> > Users/developers,
> >
> > I would like to present an alternative UI which can be generated from
> > the existing OFBiz screens and forms but can also be used independently.
> >
> > What is Vaadin: https://vaadin.com/introduction
> > Vaadin has the Apache 2.0 license.
> >
> > We have now completed a proof of concept which can display Vaadin
> > screens in Java generated from OFBiz screens and forms using the
> > existing ftl macro file which currently generates html but now for a
> > very limited number of screen elements can generate also Vaadin Java
> > screen files.
> >
> > To demonstrate this in a component which can be either installed in the
> > OFBiz trunk or in V16 can be cloned from our git repository at:
> > https://gerrit.antwebsystems.com/#/admin/projects/vaadin-test
> > Check the readme file for installation notes.
> >
> > To save you the installation we have also a demo system:
> > Ofbiz screen and form:
> > https://vaadin-test.growerpdemo.com/vaadin-test/control/ofbiz/main
> > Generated Vaadim screen:
> > https://vaadin-test.growerpdemo.com/vaadin-test/control/ofbiz/#!TestView
> >
> > We would like to know from the community:
> > 1. Technical opinion about this proof of concept implementation.
> > 2. Is this something to be included in the OFBiz trunk as alternative UI?
> > 3. Are there developers who like to work together to extend this
> > implementation:
> > a. cover all screen elements
> > b. use Groovy instead of Java.
> >
> > Looking forward to your replies,