Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/08 19:02:21 UTC

status of the optional validator stuff [Was: Bookmarking, History and JSF]

On 1/31/06, Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> By the way - any update on the optional validator stuff together with
> partial validation? Ok, maybe we should start a different thread on
> this ;)

I finally got around to updating the wiki page.

The short answer is that it works fine as long as you're also using
facelets.   It should also work if you're using JSF 1.2.   It can't
work with standard JSF 1.1 component tree building rules.

Known issues

    * JSF 1.1 recreates validators and converters each request. This
makes it difficult (maybe impossible) to implement a validator element
that wraps other validator elements. Thus, you must also use facelets
with JSF 1.1 in order to use the optional validation framework.

Fwd: status of the optional validator stuff [Was: Bookmarking, History and JSF]

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
I wonder where that is.

If I look into UIInput, it calls in restoreState/saveState

saveAttachedState on the validators.

Now that should save and restore the state of the validators, right?

Maybe there's something in the tag which kills them again.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.