Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/29 17:26:39 UTC

Re: Advanced exclude pattern for Skinny Wars

I think the best way to achieve this would be by simply configuring
the <scope> of the various dependencies.

Thus your Struts libraries would be "compile" scope and the utility
libraries would be "provided". Then you will need to include the
utility libs in the EAR module (as dependencies) as well so they are
pulled into the EAR.

Wayne

AW: Advanced exclude pattern for Skinny Wars for RAD / WAS

Posted by "Baeriswyl Kuno - Extern (IT-BA-MV)" <ku...@sbb.ch>.
Hello,

sorry, for the confusion..outlook "automatically" send my draft..;-}

back to my problem. Unfortunately, your approach doesn't work with RAD 7.0 / Websphere 6.1, since RAD's J2EE Dependency configuration for the WAR project relies on the Manifest file in WEB-INF/lib. If I set the Provided scope to libraries, Maven won't generate an classpath entry in the Manifest file. As a consequence, The web app classloader won't see this dependency.

Kuno