Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Marcelo ." <wa...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/08 21:46:58 UTC

My turn with svn: Can't open file - format error.

Hello all,
I am having problems with subversion on a windows 2003
server.

setup:
repository location: D:\wachaca\repos\
Proyects: D:\wachaca\repos\proyect1,
D:\wachaca\repos\proyect2

Permisions: "Everyone" has full access from Wachaca
down.

When I execute
    svnserve -d
I can access the repository by
svn://localhost/wachaca/repos/proyect1

When I execute
    svnserve -d -r file:///d:/wachaca/repos
I SHOULD be able to access the repository via
svn://localhost/proyect1

But instead I get
svn: Can't open file
'file:\\D:\wachaca\repos\proyect1\format': The
filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is
incorrect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wachaca

Re: My turn with svn: Can't open file - format error.

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com>.
On 9/8/06, Marcelo . <wa...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I am having problems with subversion on a windows 2003
> server.
>
> setup:
> repository location: D:\wachaca\repos\
> Proyects: D:\wachaca\repos\proyect1,
> D:\wachaca\repos\proyect2
>
> Permisions: "Everyone" has full access from Wachaca
> down.
>
> When I execute
>     svnserve -d
> I can access the repository by
> svn://localhost/wachaca/repos/proyect1
>
> When I execute
>     svnserve -d -r file:///d:/wachaca/repos
> I SHOULD be able to access the repository via
> svn://localhost/proyect1
>
> But instead I get
> svn: Can't open file
> 'file:\\D:\wachaca\repos\proyect1\format': The
> filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is
> incorrect.

svnserve takes a path argument to -r, not a URL. The svnserve command
should have read:

     svnserve -d -r d:/wachaca/repos

Erik.