Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by BAO RuiXian <ba...@atbusiness.com> on 2002/08/23 11:35:28 UTC

Re: Start laughing already - securing files with Apache and Windowsquestion

Why not, since the directory is protected? Or the protection level is not high enough?

Bao

--
BAO RuiXian, PROGRAMMER, Project Consulting Team, Software Services Group
AtBusiness Communications Corporation, Kaapeliaukio 1, FIN-00180 Helsinki

Re: Start laughing already - securing files with Apache and Windowsquestion

Posted by Zac Stevens <zt...@cryptocracy.com>.
On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 03:23:25AM -0700, J. Greenlees wrote:
> well, look up the press reports from when windoes 1.0 came out, you will
> find a quote from mr evil gates itself to show them.

When Windows 1.0 was released, neither Linux nor {Free|Open|Net}BSD
existed.  Both have come a long way in the time since.

In any event, I don't think the platform propagandising is really
appropriate for this forum.  Could you please take it off-list?

Cheers,

Zac

Re: Start laughing already - securing files with Apache and Windowsquestion

Posted by "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>.
~LOL~

well, look up the press reports from when windoes 1.0 came out, you will
find a quote from mr evil gates itself to show them.
~g~

then point out that they have to pay for every copy of win at 150 (cdn)
each, with the *nix it is only what 70 (cdn) for the single copy you
have to buy..unless downloading it then only the blank cd's is the cost.
the size you mention win costs them thousands for upgrades and in repair
bills.

if the security risk doesn't bother them, the savings might help.
if you have a notebook, but a new version of linux on it and show them
that is is as easy to use as win.

just a bit more complicated to setup. ~l~
but I'll never buy anything for win again.
concidering buying maya though, thier linux version runs better than the
original version ( mac)
but at 7 thouand us for it it's a bit steep.

Posted by "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>.