Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Jeetendra Gangele <ga...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/25 10:19:39 UTC

spark not launching in yarn-cluster mode

Hi All i am trying to launch the spark shell with --master yarn-cluster its
giving below error.
why this is not supported?

bin/spark-sql --master yarn-cluster
Error: Cluster deploy mode is not applicable to Spark SQL shell.
Run with --help for usage help or --verbose for debug output

Regards
Jeetendra

Re: spark not launching in yarn-cluster mode

Posted by Jeetendra Gangele <ga...@gmail.com>.
when I am launching with yarn-client also its giving me below error
bin/spark-sql --master yarn-client
15/08/25 13:53:20 ERROR YarnClientSchedulerBackend: Yarn application has
already exited with state FINISHED!
Exception in thread "Yarn application state monitor"
org.apache.spark.SparkException: Error asking standalone scheduler to shut
down executors
at
org.apache.spark.scheduler.cluster.CoarseGrainedSchedulerBackend.stopExecutors(CoarseGrainedSchedulerBackend.scala:261)
at
org.apache.spark.scheduler.cluster.CoarseGrainedSchedulerBackend.stop(CoarseGrainedSchedulerBackend.scala:266)
at
org.apache.spark.scheduler.cluster.YarnClientSchedulerBackend.stop(YarnClientSchedulerBackend.scala:158)
at
org.apache.spark.scheduler.TaskSchedulerImpl.stop(TaskSchedulerImpl.scala:416)
at org.apache.spark.scheduler.DAGScheduler.stop(DAGScheduler.scala:1411)
at org.apache.spark.SparkContext.stop(SparkContext.scala:1644)
at
org.apache.spark.scheduler.cluster.YarnClientSchedulerBackend$$anon$1.run(YarnClientSchedulerBackend.scala:139)
Caused by: java.lang.InterruptedException
at
java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.tryAcquireSharedNanos(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:1326)
at scala.concurrent.impl.Promise$DefaultPromise.tryAwait(Promise.scala:208)
at scala.concurrent.impl.Promise$DefaultPromise.ready(Promise.scala:218)
at scala.concurrent.impl.Promise$DefaultPromise.result(Promise.scala:223)
at scala.concurrent.Await$$anonfun$result$1.apply(package.scala:107)
at
scala.concurrent.BlockContext$DefaultBlockContext$.blockOn(BlockContext.scala:53)
at scala.concurrent.Await$.result(package.scala:107)
at
org.apache.spark.rpc.RpcEndpointRef.askWithRetry(RpcEndpointRef.scala:102)
at org.apache.spark.rpc.RpcEndpointRef.askWithRetry(RpcEndpointRef.scala:78)
at
org.apache.spark.scheduler.cluster.CoarseGrainedSchedulerBackend.stopExecutors(CoarseGrainedSchedulerBackend.scala:257)

Posted by Yanbo Liang <yb...@gmail.com>.