Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Donald Stinchfield <de...@rbii.com> on 2002/08/14 17:45:35 UTC

problem using http header manager

I've been tracing through exchanges between jmeter and my server and
noticed that the http header "Host" has no value.

In my test plan I set the value for "Host" in the http header manager.

	Thread
		Simple Controller
			HTTP Request
				Browser-derived headers (removed "Host")
		HTTP Header Manager (only header set is Host)

When I look at the line trace I find "Host: \r\n" where I expect to see
"Host: nozzle\r\n".

Is anyone else seeing this issue?

I built jmeter from the 8/14 source code distribution.
I'm using java 1.4.0 (build 1.4.0-b92).

Regards,
Don

RE: problem using http header manager

Posted by Donald Stinchfield <de...@rbii.com>.
Excellent Mike.  Tested out perfectly.  Thanks.

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

--
Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org

Posted by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
Donald,
      I tried this, and I got a similar result as you, but it has to do with the GUI, not with JMeter's
testing code.  Basically, you need to hit "enter" after typing in the value of the host header in
the GUI.  That value field isn't registering, probably because you type it in and then mouse to
another part of the GUI.  A stupid little problem that I've fixed elsewhere, but never here.

-Mike

On 14 Aug 2002 at 11:45, Donald Stinchfield wrote:

> I've been tracing through exchanges between jmeter and my server and
> noticed that the http header "Host" has no value.
>
> In my test plan I set the value for "Host" in the http header manager.
>
> 	Thread
> 		Simple Controller
> 			HTTP Request
> 				Browser-derived headers (removed "Host")
> 		HTTP Header Manager (only header set is Host)
>
> When I look at the line trace I find "Host: \r\n" where I expect to see
> "Host: nozzle\r\n".
>
> Is anyone else seeing this issue?
>
> I built jmeter from the 8/14 source code distribution.
> I'm using java 1.4.0 (build 1.4.0-b92).
>
> Regards,
> Don

Michael Stover