Posted to user@struts.apache.org by atta ur-rehman <at...@kapsconsulting.com> on 2002/11/18 18:51:48 UTC

Howto handle this behavior in Struts+Tiles

Dear all,

Here is my "layout.jsp" file:

<%@ page errorPage="ErrorPage.jsp" %>

     <tiles:insert attribute="menu"/>
     <tiles:insert attribute="body"/>
     <tiles:insert attribute="footer"/>

The "menu" tile is a JSP page that could throw an exception. Now whenever an exception is thrown on the "menu" tile I want to goto JSP Error Page. What I get instead is this exception:

[Exception in:/main-menu.jsp] reset() failed - data has already been sent to client java.lang.IllegalStateException: reset() failed - data has already been sent to client.

Could you please help me with this one? What do I need to fix this problem. By the way "menu.jsp" contains <%@ page errorPage="ErrorPage.jsp" %> directive. And currently if there is an exception on "layout.jsp" Error Page does show up with appropriate error message.

TIA,

ATTA