Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mark Diggory <md...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/08 02:16:46 UTC

Can multiple Solr webapps access the same lucene index files?

Hello,

I have a question I can't find an answer to in the list.  Can mutliple solr
webapps (for instance in separate cluster nodes) share the same lucene index
files stored within a shared filesystem?  We do this with a custom Lucene
search application right now, I'm trying to switch to using solr and am
curious if we can use the same deployment strategy.

Mark

Re: Can multiple Solr webapps access the same lucene index files?

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Yes, they could all point to an index that lives on a NAS or SAN, for example.  You'd still have to make sure only one server is writing to the index at a time.  Zookeeper can help with coordination of that.

 Otis
--
Sematext is hiring -- http://sematext.com/about/jobs.html?mls
Lucene, Solr, Nutch, Katta, Hadoop, HBase, UIMA, NLP, NER, IR