Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Javier A. Soltero" <ja...@covalent.net> on 2001/06/12 18:54:36 UTC

Serializing Struts Beans

Does anyone out there have any experience using the Jakarta struts
framework with SOAP. I am trying to use the Bean serializer to serialize
a class which inherits from ActionForm (a javaBean which is part of
struts). When I try to invoke a soap call, the call fails with the
following message:

[SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=No mapping found for
'org.apache.struts.upload.MultipartRequestHandler' using encoding
style 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.;
targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No mapping found for
'org.apache.struts.upload.MultipartRequestHandler' using encoding style
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.]

My understanding of this message is that this bean class has a member
(which implementes the MultipartRequestHandler) which can not be
serialized by the BeanSerializer. The sad part is, that this member is
not used by my application.

Could someone recommend a course of action for dealing with this? Will
implementing my own serializer do the trick?

thanks,

javier