Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Michael Keller <mr...@gmx.net> on 2004/05/15 16:07:28 UTC

Problem with Hibernate

Hello!

A few days ago Eric said, that I should start my new project with
Hibernate.

I did it all the way, as described in the HOWTO, but at compile time it
says:

/home/mkeller/tmp/cvs/webshop/src/java/de/corecode/webshop/modules/om/persist/ServiceLocator.java:50: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : variable PersistenceManager
location: class de.corecode.webshop.om.persist.ServiceLocator
            s = PersistenceManager.openSession();
                ^
1 error

In the mailarchive there is one unsolved thread for this topic and the
wiki says nothing about it.

What should I do?

Michael

Re: Problem with Hibernate

Posted by Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz>.
Michael,

I'm sorry, I cannot remember where Eric put the PersistenceManager.

If it is any help, zebra-antelope is a turbine 2.4-dev/hibernate example
application with getting started docs and is designed to be used as a
basis for turbine applications, ie, get it running and then change it to
suit your own requirements.

It is here :-

http://zebra.tigris.org/nonav/antelopeZebraSample/GettingStarted.html

Note that this app uses a library called meercat to provide similar
functionality to the PersistenceManager. However, it is not the same, so
would not be a simple drop in replacement in your application.

I hope that this helps.

Regards,

Peter