Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com> on 2004/02/28 20:18:05 UTC

[j2] build

The J2 Build is broken in a number of places. The project is
de-stabilized and has been for 1 week now.
We are going to have to lock out all new development until the build is
fixed.
All commits, until the build stabilizes, should only be for specific
fixes to failed unit tests or build-related issues.

I am experiencing completely different behavior between allBuild and
running the tests in sub-directories.
TestCapabilities  passes from allBuild, but fails from portal's "test"
goal.
Best I can tell is existing Mime Type records are being retrieved with
new primary keys, not their originally persisted values
For me, the digester unit test is consistently failing now, due to a
NPE in digester

Until the build stabilizes, Im recommending the following procedure
before a check-in:

1. maven test (for the project you are currently working on)
2. maven test (for all dependent projects)
3. maven allClean allBuild (from root)
4. maven fullDeploy (from portal)
5. run the system

Steps 4 and 5 are currently not possible since we can't get past 1,2,3
right now

Lets work as a team on stabilizing the build so that we all can get
back to developing Jetspeed