Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/28 02:29:45 UTC

Command-Line Options to 'accumulo init'?

I am scripting the installation of accumulo for no particular reason.
I've reached the stage when I need to run "accumulo init". I've looked
at the source and do not see any way to pass the instance name and
password on the command line. Did I overlook something?

Re: Command-Line Options to 'accumulo init'?

Posted by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Eric. That resolves my issue.

Re: Command-Line Options to 'accumulo init'?

Posted by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com>.
Here's the magic incantation, which you might find in some of the tests,
too:

#!/bin/sh
./bin/accumulo init --clear-instance-name <<EOF
instance
secret
secret
EOF

The flag for overwriting the instance name already exists.  Might as well
add the others.

Posted by John Vines <vi...@apache.org>.
If we add those, we also need s force flag for overwriting zookeeper info
when you're reusing an instance name.

Sent from my phone, so pardon the typos and brevity.

Posted by Vincent Russell <vi...@gmail.com>.
You can also write an expect script to achieve this.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.