Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Bartosz Tomasik <ih...@wp.pl> on 2019/05/06 18:57:29 UTC

Unix socket implementation

Hi

 I'm trying to fix
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NETBEANS/issues/NETBEANS-2509
(docker's plugin unix socket support) - but apart from some UI being
commented out, it looks like support for unix socket is missing at all.
I briefly scanned code for AF_UNIX but found nothing - does netbeans
have any lib for that or should I create wrapper module for
https://github.com/kohlschutter/junixsocket ?

--

regards

Bartosz Tomasik

Re: Unix socket implementation

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
Set it to Next, right now.

Posted by Bartosz Tomasik <ih...@wp.pl>.

Posted by Bartosz Tomasik <ih...@wp.pl>.

Posted by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hello Bartosz,

Dne úterý 7. května 2019 21:20:10 CEST, Bartosz Tomasik napsal(a):
> W dniu 06.05.2019 o 20:57, Bartosz Tomasik pisze:
> > Hi
> >
> >  I'm trying to fix
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NETBEANS/issues/NETBEANS-2509
> > (docker's plugin unix socket support) - but apart from some UI being
> > commented out, it looks like support for unix socket is missing at all.
> > I briefly scanned code for AF_UNIX but found nothing - does netbeans
> > have any lib for that or should I create wrapper module for
> > https://github.com/kohlschutter/junixsocket ?
>
> Ok I tracked down what is missing/was removed - there was a wrapper
> module for https://github.com/mcfunley/juds which was removed (probably
> due to LGPL license).

Well, LGPL doesn't seem to be ASF friendly: https://apache.org/legal/
resolved.html

> I would like to replace it with wrapper for
> junixsocket, however I'm struggling how to do it (how to create
> ant-based wrapper module and add it to ide build).

Just create an empty module and copy content from another existing module like
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/blob/master/ide/libs.ini4j/external/
binaries-list

Good luck.
-jt

> Is there anyone who could help me/guide me?

PS: Possibly http://wiki.netbeans.org/DevFaqWrapperModules, but it may be
outdated.

Re: Unix socket implementation

Posted by Bartosz Tomasik <ih...@wp.pl>.
W dniu 06.05.2019 o 20:57, Bartosz Tomasik pisze:
> Hi
>
>  I'm trying to fix
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NETBEANS/issues/NETBEANS-2509
> (docker's plugin unix socket support) - but apart from some UI being
> commented out, it looks like support for unix socket is missing at all.
> I briefly scanned code for AF_UNIX but found nothing - does netbeans
> have any lib for that or should I create wrapper module for
> https://github.com/kohlschutter/junixsocket ?

Ok I tracked down what is missing/was removed - there was a wrapper
module for https://github.com/mcfunley/juds which was removed (probably
due to LGPL license). I would like to replace it with wrapper for