Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Manoj Kithany <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2003/02/14 16:48:40 UTC

[users@httpd] Simple WAR on Apache + Tomcat + JBoss

Hi:

I have a simple WAR file 'mig.war' and want to see if that wokrs on
Architecture - Apache + JBoss(Tomcat).

I have my mig.war file in /jboss/server/default/deploy

I have my mod_jk.so connector in /usr/local/apache/libexec directory

My httpd.conf has following information at end:
LoadModule jk_module  libexec/mod_jk.so
JkWorkersFile /jboss/catalina/conf/jk/workers.properties
JkLogFile /usr/local/apache/logs/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel info

JKMount /examples/servlet/* ajp13
JKMount /examples/*.jsp ajp13

JKMount /mig/servlet/* ajp13
JKMount /mig/*.jsp ajp13
JKMount /mig/* ajp13

My workers.properties file contains
workers.tomcat_home=/jboss/catalina
workers.java_home=/usr/java130
ps=/

worker.list=ajp13
worker.ajp13.port=8009
worker.ajp13.host=MY.IP.ADDR.ESS
worker.ajp13.type=ajp13

My tomcat4-service.xml file has following:
port="8009" minProcessors="5" maxProcessors="75" acceptCount="10"
debug="1"/>

By the way why should Port be 8009...? should it be 8080?

Can anyone see if the above process is proper?

When I try http://MY.IP.ADDR.ESS on my browser, it shows my Welcome Apache
Page...which shows Apache is working fine.

Later when I try http://MY.IP.ADDR.ESS/mig is says Page Not Found Error

When I add Port 8080 as http://MY.IP.ADDR.ESS:8080/mig
it works fine...

How can I know if my Apache + Tomcat Integration is working fine and that
Apache REDIRECTS my JSP/Servlets to Tomcat?

Should I start my Jboss first or Apache first?

THANK YOU ALL!

RE: [users@httpd] Simple WAR on Apache + Tomcat + JBoss

Posted by Martin Vilcans <ma...@jadestone.se>.
I'm no mod_jk expert, but I've got it working, so perhaps I can help.

> JKMount /examples/servlet/* ajp13
> JKMount /examples/*.jsp ajp13
>
> JKMount /mig/servlet/* ajp13
> JKMount /mig/*.jsp ajp13
> JKMount /mig/* ajp13

I don't use wildcards in my configuration, and it works for me. Instead of
the above, try:

JKMount /examples ajp13
JKMount /mig ajp13

> My workers.properties file contains
> workers.tomcat_home=/jboss/catalina
> workers.java_home=/usr/java130
> ps=/
>
> worker.list=ajp13
> worker.ajp13.port=8009
> worker.ajp13.host=MY.IP.ADDR.ESS
> worker.ajp13.type=ajp13

The last four lines look exactly like my config, except that I use localhost
as host.

> My tomcat4-service.xml file has following:
> <Connector className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Connector"
> port="8009" minProcessors="5" maxProcessors="75" acceptCount="10"
> debug="1"/>
>
> By the way why should Port be 8009...? should it be 8080?

Yes, AJP13 normally uses port 8009.

Have you tried http://MY.IP.ADDR.ESS/mig/ (with the trailing slash)?

> When I add Port 8080 as http://MY.IP.ADDR.ESS:8080/mig
> it works fine...

That's good. It shows Tomcat is running.

You'll know when http://MY.IP.ADDR.ESS/mig works.

> Should I start my Jboss first or Apache first?

JBoss, as Apache will show error messages if JBoss isn't up when you try to
access JBoss through Apache. On the other hand, if Apache is down, you won't
see any pages at all.

Martin