Posted to user@struts.apache.org by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/06 14:47:05 UTC

[s2] First try : failed to run mailreader-2.0.1

Hello,

I'd like to install Struts 2.0.1 apps as a live-demo to Struts 2. I'm using
Tomcat 4.1.30 on Java5 (jrockit). When running mailreader app, I get :

TransformerFactoryConfigurationError: Provider
org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl not found

Seems there is some dependency to Xalan. I added xalan-2.7.0 in tomcat
common-lib and got a NoSuchMethodError : nextSibling. What version is
used by struts ?

Nico.

Re: [s2] First try : failed to run mailreader-2.0.1

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 12/6/06, nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> it works with xalan 2.6.0.
>
> If this lib is required, why isn't it in the war WEB-INF/lib ?

<snip/>

I agree it should work out of the box, but dropping in WEB-INF/lib
isn't the ideal solution either. Cross-JDK JAXP has gotten a tad
trickier [1] (and that reference covers only Sun JDKs).

-Rahul

[1] http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/xml/jaxp/JAXP-Compatibility_150.html

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.
it works with xalan 2.6.0.