Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "SAILESH KRISHNAMURTI, BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEXIN" <sk...@bloomberg.net> on 2007/12/26 19:43:10 UTC

[users@httpd] Compile-Time improvements to apache 1.3

Hi, I was compiling a fresh 1.3.26 apacche instance, to eventually replace our
current 1.3.26 instance to correct some perofrmance bottleneks etc ... Curently
the main improvement I have made is to set the HARD_SERVER_LIMIT to 2048 as we
have noticed it hitting the 256 limit several times on Solaris 9 as this is a
high volume, high visibility apache instance. Are there any other
performance/security improvements that can be done that will make the newer
build better.  thx in advance.

Re: [users@httpd] Compile-Time improvements to apache 1.3

Posted by "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <da...@prime.gushi.org>.
On Wed, 26 Dec 2007, SAILESH KRISHNAMURTI, BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEXIN wrote:

> Hi, I was compiling a fresh 1.3.26 apacche instance, to eventually replace our
> current 1.3.26 instance to correct some perofrmance bottleneks etc ... Curently
> the main improvement I have made is to set the HARD_SERVER_LIMIT to 2048 as we
> have noticed it hitting the 256 limit several times on Solaris 9 as this is a
> high volume, high visibility apache instance. Are there any other
> performance/security improvements that can be done that will make the newer
> build better.  thx in advance.

Why not tell us what ./configure arguments you're using?

We may be able to help a lot better then!

-Dan

--

"It doesn't matter where I live, because I live in dataspace.  That's my
hometown."

-Steve Roberts, Builder of BEHEMOTH