Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Siva <si...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/13 13:31:17 UTC

Commit Size Restriction

Hi All,

My Subversion Edge is installed in Windows Server.

Is it possible to restrict commit size by repository or whole server?

Regards,
Sivaram

Re: Commit Size Restriction

Posted by Siva <si...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Friends.

As Bret said, I am not able to identify the size of the Commit.

Checking all the files one by one and verify size of the files is not what
I expect.

So, thinking to drop the plan for identify the Commit Size and restrict.

Instead of that I can change Apache Configuration to restrict Commit Size.

Thank you very much for your quick support.

Re: Commit Size Restriction

Posted by Stefan Hett <st...@egosoft.com>.
Hi Sivaram,
> Hi All,
>
> My Subversion Edge is installed in Windows Server.
>
> Is it possible to restrict commit size by repository or whole server?
Haven't done that myself yet, but I take it a way to do so is to add a
pre-commit hook in combination with some perl script verifying the size
of the commit doesn't exceed your specified limits.

Stefan Hett, Developer/Administrator

EGOSOFT GmbH, Heidestrasse 4, 52146 W�rselen, Germany
Tel: +49 2405 4239970, www.egosoft.com
Gesch�ftsf�hrer: Bernd Lehahn, Handelsregister Aachen HRB 13473

Re: Commit Size Restriction

Posted by Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 10:13 PM, Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]

There is also 'svnlook filesize' (if your svn server is >= 1.7), which
can be used from inside a pre-commit hook to check the added files in
a transaction. See
http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.7.html#svnlook-filesize.

[[[
C:\Users\Johan>svnlook help filesize
filesize: usage: svnlook filesize REPOS_PATH PATH_IN_REPOS

Print the size (in bytes) of the file located at PATH_IN_REPOS as
it is represented in the repository.

Valid options:
  -r [--revision] ARG      : specify revision number ARG
  -t [--transaction] ARG   : specify transaction name ARG
]]]

--
Johan

Re: Commit Size Restriction

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.
The simplest mechanism to avoid large (new) files from getting
committed into your repository is to use the "LimitRequestBody"
directive in your Apache configuration. This is the mechanism that
we use on svn.apache.org

Cheers,
-g

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 09:18:05PM +0200, bert@qqmail.nl wrote:
> How do you define \u2018commit size\u2019?
> With delta compression, re-use on copies of files and directory trees, etc. it is very hard to define what size a commit would be.
>
> And as we have pluggable filesystem backends we don\u2019t know what amount of disk space would be used after a commit.
>

> Personally I would just use a simple commit filter if necessary, to avoid users accidentally committing DVD images.
>
> Bert
>

> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

RE: Commit Size Restriction

Posted by be...@qqmail.nl.