Posted to user@struts.apache.org by zud <pr...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/26 14:42:16 UTC

Struts2 validation problem

hi iam new to struts 2   i had made a simple application in which i added
validtion to registration form i used
validtion.xml  the validtion is showing un desired way
there are two  problem

1) Is old errors is not getting cleared that means when the filed value is
empty  when i submit the form it shows required that is ok and agian when i
submit with empty values again now it shows messages like
filed is required
filed is required

2) Is  only few fields get validated at once  example only first two fields
validation and the next time when i give these two values and left the
remaining  fields  empty  then its gets validated  but the error message is
displayed 5 times

how to make validations  work properly i am  not using any theme for my form

any help will be appreciated   greatly and thanks in advance

Re: Struts2 validation problem

Posted by zud <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by zud <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by zud <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by zud <pr...@gmail.com>.

newton.dave wrote:

> zud wrote:
>> 1) Is old errors is not getting cleared that means when the filed value
>> is
>> empty  when i submit the form it shows required that is ok and agian when
>> submit with empty values again now it shows messages like
>> filed is required
>> filed is required
>
> Are you using Spring as your object factory? If so, make sure the
> actions are declared as being prototype scope.
>
> Dave

thanks for the reply i am  not using springs   i am  using struts 2.x can
you please help me out

Re: Struts2 validation problem

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.