Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Lists <li...@dankeeley.co.uk> on 2007/09/25 11:25:49 UTC

SOAP Request and keepalives..

Hi,

I see back in 2005 this request came up:

http://marc.info/?l=jmeter-user&m=112654386012447&w=2

I now am in a similar situation - I need to be able to toggle the keepalive
setting for a SOAP/XML-RPC request.

Is there any way this can be done now?  Can it be done in the jmx file if
not via the jmeter interface?

Or, must it be a change to JMeter? If so, any hints about where to
start/look?

Thanks,
Dan

Re: SOAP Request and keepalives..

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 25/09/2007, Lists <li...@dankeeley.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I see back in 2005 this request came up:
>
> http://marc.info/?l=jmeter-user&m=112654386012447&w=2

Was a Bugzilla enhancement ever created, I wonder?

I now am in a similar situation - I need to be able to toggle the keepalive
> setting for a SOAP/XML-RPC request.
>
> Is there any way this can be done now?  Can it be done in the jmx file if
> not via the jmeter interface?

No.

Or, must it be a change to JMeter? If so, any hints about where to
> start/look?

You would need to modify these classes:

org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.SoapSampler
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.control.gui.SoapSamplerGui

to add a keep-alive option.

However, if your SOAP requests can be stored in files, you should be able to
use the ordinary HTTP Sampler - just omit the mime type and "name"
parameter, and the file will be sent as the body of the POST, see:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#HTTP_Request

Thanks,