Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by gorillacommunications <le...@gorillacommunications.com> on 2002/06/10 17:16:43 UTC

writing actions

Hi All,

I am trying to write an action for my application.
I have this line in my sitemap to define the action.
   <map:action logger="sitemap.action.gs-login" name="login"
src="com.kg.gs.GSLogin"/>

My class is in a jar file in \tomcat\webapps\cocoon\WEB-INF\lib. Is
this the correct place for it? Also, I am confused about what my class
needs to extend. Is it AbstractAction? The method I want to call
is "login". I would love to see an example
of a class someone has written, so I can figure out how to write my
class and how to return a value.

I also have this pipeline:
  <map:pipeline>
    <map:match pattern="login">
      <map:act type="gs-login">
<!-- how do I get the return value and pass it to the redirect page? -->
        <map:redirect-to uri="gs"/>
      </map:act>
      <map:serialize type="html"/>
    </map:match>
  </map:pipeline>

Obviously, I'm doing something wrong, because I get the following error
when I try to run my application:

type fatal

message Error in sitemap configuration : com.kg.gs.GSLogin

description
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error in
sitemap configuration : com.kg.gs.GSLogin

source Cocoon servlet

stack-trace

org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error in
sitemap configuration : com.kg.gs.GSLogin
at
org.apache.cocoon.www.file_.D_.tomcat.webapps.GorillaStation.sitemap_xmap.co
nfigure(D:\tomcat\work\localhost\GorillaStation\cocoon-files\org/apache/coco
on/www/file_/D_/tomcat/webapps/GorillaStation\sitemap_xmap.java:498)
at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstance(De
faultComponentFactory.java:172)
at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ThreadSafeComponentHandler.initialize(
ThreadSafeComponentHandler.java:84)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.GeneratorSelector.addGenerat
or(GeneratorSelector.java:170)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.createR
esource(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:332)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(Pr
ogramGeneratorImpl.java:291)
at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java:270)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

request-uri

/GorillaStation/gs

path-info

gs