Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Flavio Pompermaier <po...@okkam.it> on 2015/04/10 11:55:41 UTC

Hadoop compatibility and HBase bulk loading

Hi guys,

I have a nice question about Hadoop compatibility.
In https://flink.apache.org/news/2014/11/18/hadoop-compatibility.html you
say that you can reuse existing mapreduce programs.
Could it be possible to manage also complex mapreduce programs like HBase
BulkImport that use for example a custom partioner
(org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Partitioner)?

In the bulk-import examples the call
HFileOutputFormat2.configureIncrementalLoadMap that sets a series of job
parameters (like partitioner, mapper, reducers, etc) ->
http://pastebin.com/8VXjYAEf.
The full code of it can be seen at
https://github.com/apache/hbase/blob/master/hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mapreduce/HFileOutputFormat2.java
.

Do you think there's any change to make it run in flink?

Best,
Flavio

Re: Hadoop compatibility and HBase bulk loading

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Looking at my previous mail which mentions changes to API, optimizer, and
runtime code of the DataSet API this would be a major and non-trivial
effort and also require that a committer spends a good amount of time for
this.

Posted by Flavio Pompermaier <po...@okkam.it>.

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Flavio Pompermaier <po...@okkam.it>.