Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/02 06:12:41 UTC

Re: Axis2 Web App on Geronimo?

Hi,

The axis2.war contains commons-fileupload-1.2.jar in its lib. Can you try
the 1.4.1 version please. Also do let us know how it goes ;)

Thanks,
Keith.

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 1:46 AM, jcaristi <jc...@whisolutions.com> wrote:

> I understand that Axis2 is integrated into Geronimo, but I could not find
> the
> Axis2 web app.
>
> Is it possible to deploy the web app to Geronimo?  I noticed multiple web
> posts stating that this doesn't work (without any solutions).  It didn't
> work for me either.  When I attempt to deploy the Axis2.war file, it
> results
> in an out-of-memory error.  It seems to have the following exception as a
> root cause:
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/commons/fileupload/FileUploadException
>
> Is this a supported configuration, or must we do without the Axis2 web app
> on Geronimo?

Keith Chapman
Senior Software Engineer
WSO2 Inc.
Oxygenating the Web Service Platform.
http://wso2.org/

blog: http://www.keith-chapman.org

Re: Axis2 Web App on Geronimo?

Posted by jcaristi <jc...@whisolutions.com>.
Hi Keith:

I did verify that commons-fileupload-1.2.jar is present in the war and the
missing class is present in the jar.  I used Axis 1.4.1 and tried to deploy
it to Geronimo 2.1.2.  I set JAVA_OPTS to -Xmx512m to try to deal with the
memory condition (this worked).

When I try to deploy, I get a warning that there isn't any Geronimo
deployment plan in the war.  Then I see more than 10,000 lines of errors
scroll by on the Geronimo console and at the end I get the same
NoClassDefFoundError as before.  The errors that scroll by all seem to be
like the one copied below, with a different class listed each time.  I have
also attached a copy of my Geronimo log file.

Thanks,

Joe

java.lang.Exception: Could not load
1/0/com/sun/xml/xsom/parser/AnnotationParser.class
        at
org.apache.xbean.finder.ClassFinder.readClassDef(ClassFinder.java:695)
        at org.apache.xbean.finder.ClassFinder.<init>(ClassFinder.java:139)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.jaxws.builder.WARWebServiceFinder.discoverWebServices(WARWebServiceFinder.java:154)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.jaxws.builder.AdvancedWARWebServiceFinder.discoverPOJOWebServices(AdvancedWARWebServiceFinder.java:73)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.jaxws.builder.AdvancedWARWebServiceFinder.discoverWebServices(AdvancedWARWebServiceFinder.java:45)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.jaxws.builder.WARWebServiceFinder.discoverWebServices(WARWebServiceFinder.java:70)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.jaxws.builder.JAXWSServiceBuilder.discoverWebServices(JAXWSServiceBuilder.java:97)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.jaxws.builder.JAXWSServiceBuilder.findWebServices(JAXWSServiceBuilder.java:80)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.web25.deployment.AbstractWebModuleBuilder.basicInitContext(AbstractWebModuleBuilder.java:364)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.deployment.TomcatModuleBuilder.initContext(TomcatModuleBuilder.java:330)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.SwitchingModuleBuilder.initContext(SwitchingModuleBuilder.java:159)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.buildConfiguration(EARConfigBuilder.java:595)
        at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:254)
        at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:133)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:124)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:867)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:239)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.AbstractDeployCommand.doDeploy(AbstractDeployCommand.java:116)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.DistributeCommand.run(DistributeCommand.java:61)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

keith chapman wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The axis2.war contains commons-fileupload-1.2.jar in its lib. Can you try
> the 1.4.1 version please. Also do let us know how it goes ;)
>
> Thanks,
> Keith.
>
> On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 1:46 AM, jcaristi <jc...@whisolutions.com>
> wrote:
>

>> I understand that Axis2 is integrated into Geronimo, but I could not find
>> the
>> Axis2 web app.
>>
>> Is it possible to deploy the web app to Geronimo?  I noticed multiple web
>> posts stating that this doesn't work (without any solutions).  It didn't
>> work for me either.  When I attempt to deploy the Axis2.war file, it
>> results
>> in an out-of-memory error.  It seems to have the following exception as a
>> root cause:
>>
>> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>> org/apache/commons/fileupload/FileUploadException
>>
>> Is this a supported configuration, or must we do without the Axis2 web
>> app
>> on Geronimo?
>> --

> Keith Chapman