Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it> on 2002/08/12 15:48:09 UTC

[Fwd: cocoon.xconf in subdirectory]

This question was asked in cocoon-users a few days ago, but there was no
definitive answer. I'm bringing it here since I think it is relevant to
the cocoon-apps discussion. If it is possible to have a cocoon.xconf
file in a subdirectory be read at startup, it would be much easier to
develop apps. For example, I need to add a jdbc datasource to
cocoon.xconf for my blogging app and it would be great to be able not to
touch the main cocoon.xconf at all.

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://www.beblogging.com/blog/

Re: [Fwd: cocoon.xconf in subdirectory]

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Monday 12 August 2002 10:08 am, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> > AFAIK it's not possible.
>
> Ain't there a merge stuff for Configuration somewhere now in Avalon?

yes.

http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/excalibur/configuration/configuration-merger.html

Two xconf files, cocoon.xconf and cocoon-user.xconf. cocoon.xconf is the
"base" and cocoon-user.xconf is the "layer". When creating the Configuration
for the primary container, merge the base and layer with

http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/excalibur/configuration/api/org/apache/excalibur/configuration/merged/ConfigurationMerger.html

There is also a ConfigurationSplitter, which takes a merged configuration and
a base and computes what the layer would be (good for a config tool that
presents the original config to the user, they modify, and only save the
differences.

-pete

--
peter royal -> proyal@apache.org

Re: [Fwd: cocoon.xconf in subdirectory]

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> AFAIK it's not possible.

Ain't there a merge stuff for Configuration somewhere now in Avalon?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

RE: [Fwd: cocoon.xconf in subdirectory]

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
AFAIK it's not possible.