Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris Francis <ch...@static2358.com> on 2000/11/02 15:25:35 UTC

RE: port 8080

Is Tomcat connected to Apache using mod_jserv.so?
Make sure httpd.conf has included tomcat-apache.conf and restart both.
I think you need to start Tomcat before Apache but it doesn't seem to
matter on NT.

Posted by Dominique BATARD <db...@sf2r.fr>.
I'm actually testing on NT at work

Tomcat is connected to apache using ApacheModuleJServ.dll
httpd.conf includes tomcat-apache.conf, and port=80
Apache and Tomcat are started as NT services, but I tried to start them manually, tomcat or apache first, same result.
I removed in server.xml the normal HTTP (HttpConnectionHandler)

serveur and salsa are two virtual hosts.

My servlets and jsp work, but why in jasper.log this reference to the 8080 port ?:
2000-11-02 04:16:52 - Scratch dir for the JSP engine is: C:\jakarta-tomcat\work\serveur_8080
2000-11-02 04:16:52 - IMPORTANT: Do not modify the generated servlets

In a snoop servlet :
Context attributes:
   javax.servlet.context.tempdir = C:\jakarta-tomcat\work\salsa_8080
   sun.servlet.workdir = C:\jakarta-tomcat\work\salsa_8080

I tried an equivalent Apache & tomcat in my linux box at home. The static files are loaded through port 80, but any servlet or jsp needs to be loaded through port 8080.

Dominique