Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by sr...@abit.de on 2006/01/25 15:11:50 UTC

Possible to leave Bayes scoring intact, but not have it count towards total spamscore?

Hi all,

I want to throw the newly built Bayes DB onto our mailservers, but for
testing
purposes I do not want any Bayes score to influence the final spamscore,
but nevertheless I want it to become visible in the spam_report.
Basically I want to see how often Bayes matches ham/spam, without
it having an impact on actual scoring yet - because I'm fearing false
positives. So more or less just a test how reliable the current Bayes
DB is.

Did I overlook something in the documentation or ain't it possible
at all without setting all those BAYES_* scores to 0?

regards
        sash

Sascha Runschke
Netzwerk Administration
IT-Services

ABIT AG
Robert-Bosch-Str. 1
40668 Meerbusch

Tel.:+49 (0) 2150.9153.226
Mobil:+49 (0) 173.5419665
mailto:SRunschke@abit.de

http://www.abit.net
http://www.abit-epos.net
---------------------------------
Sicherheitshinweis zur E-Mail Kommunikation /
  Security note regarding email communication:
http://www.abit.net/sicherheitshinweis.html

Re: Possible to leave Bayes scoring intact, but not have it count towards total spamscore?

Posted by Matthias Keller <li...@matthias-keller.ch>.
srunschke@abit.de wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I want to throw the newly built Bayes DB onto our mailservers, but for
>testing
>purposes I do not want any Bayes score to influence the final spamscore,
>but nevertheless I want it to become visible in the spam_report.
>Basically I want to see how often Bayes matches ham/spam, without
>it having an impact on actual scoring yet - because I'm fearing false
>positives. So more or less just a test how reliable the current Bayes
>DB is.
>
>Did I overlook something in the documentation or ain't it possible
>at all without setting all those BAYES_* scores to 0?

Hi

Well, setting the score to 0 will disable the test completely
But you could just let it score 0.1 or even 0.01..
Then it will show up but probably wouldnt lead to misclassification if
you fear that

Matt

Re: Possible to leave Bayes scoring intact, but not have it count towards total spamscore?

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 03:11:50PM +0100, srunschke@abit.de wrote:
> Did I overlook something in the documentation or ain't it possible
> at all without setting all those BAYES_* scores to 0?

It's not possible since the BAYES_* rules have no special meaning to
SpamAssassin.  You wouldn't want to set the scores to 0, btw, since then the
rules won't run.  Set them to a small non-zero value.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
Defend the right to keep and arm bears!