Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Anaël Ollier <an...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/13 11:05:08 UTC

[ActiveMQ 5.3.1] How to develop an authentication system and export it as a plugin?

 Hi all,

I need to implement a special authentication plugin for ActiveMQ 5.3.1 and I
don't know exactly how to do it.
I have a little experience in Java/JEE but not with Maven. I managed to
import the 5.3.1 release in my Eclipse (Ganymede) and I can compile it
without any error, and also export it to recreate the install package from
the source. So far so good.

But how can I create a plugin to add my special authentication system? And
how can I change the authentication plugin used by an installed ActiveMQ
from the configuration?

I read a lot of the documentation but it seems some parts are "missing", or
I understand they are "useless" because "every developer knows that"... but
me.

Some help would be very appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Regards

--
Anaël Ollier
anael.ollier@eyeos.org

Re: [ActiveMQ 5.3.1] How to develop an authentication system and export it as a plugin?

Posted by Nanawel <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks again for your help. I think I see now what config files I have to
edit once my plugin will be compiled.

My problem is that I still can't manage to compile or package my new
classes.
I have imported the ~22 projects composing ActiveMQ (activemq-all,
activemq-core, ...) in my Eclipse, and I've created a new project that looks
like what I could find in the other ones (package structure, initial
pom.xml) holding my authentication and login classes.

As I'm implementing BrokerPlugin and LoginModule from activemq-core and
activemq-jaas, I tried to fill my pom.xml with those packages to be able to
compile them without error. But everytime I add those dependencies I see
more and more unresolved dependencies (javacc, commons-io, and 15+ more) in
the list.

The problem is that I have no experience with Maven or such a big project
like ActiveMQ so it's maybe a bit optimistic to think that I'll be able to
create my little JAR with 2 classes in 1 hour.

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

> >>  Hi all,
> >>
> >> I need to implement a special authentication plugin for ActiveMQ 5.3.1
> >> and
> >> don't know exactly how to do it.
> >> I have a little experience in Java/JEE but not with Maven. I managed to
> >> import the 5.3.1 release in my Eclipse (Ganymede) and I can compile it
> >> without any error, and also export it to recreate the install package
> >> from
> >> the source. So far so good.
> >>
> >> But how can I create a plugin to add my special authentication system?
> >> And
> >> how can I change the authentication plugin used by an installed ActiveMQ
> >> from the configuration?
> >>
> >> I read a lot of the documentation but it seems some parts are "missing",
> >> or
> >> I understand they are "useless" because "every developer knows that"...

http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com

Re: [ActiveMQ 5.3.1] How to develop an authentication system and export it as a plugin?

Posted by Nanawel <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
start by reading and