Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Sachin Nikam <sk...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/13 08:59:08 UTC

Re: CQL 3.x Update ...USING TIMESTAMP...

@Tyler,
Going back to your earlier proposal i.e.
------
Instead, make the version part of the primary key:

CREATE TABLE document_store (document_id bigint, version int, document
text, PRIMARY KEY (document_id, version)) WITH CLUSTERING ORDER BY (version
desc)
-------
My concern with this approach was having to save multiple versions of the
huge documents. You suggested I could delete the older versions.

So can I use BATCH statements to make sure that when I write version 2, I
also delete the previous version 1 as well. Is this a legitimate use of
BATCH statements.
Does using BATCH impact read latency?
Regards
Sachin