Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2022/02/23 19:00:56 UTC

Jakarta EE 10 update

Just a quick update.

Current planned release date is ~March 2022.

Tomcat 10.1.x currently passes the latest builds of the Servlet, JSP, EL
and WebSocket TCK with the exception of the one Servlet test we expected
to fail.

Overall, things are looking good.

Mark

Re: Jakarta EE 10 update

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 28/02/2022 12:23, Rémy Maucherat wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 23, 2022 at 8:01 PM Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Just a quick update.
>>
>> Current planned release date is ~March 2022.
>>
>> Tomcat 10.1.x currently passes the latest builds of the Servlet, JSP, EL
>> and WebSocket TCK with the exception of the one Servlet test we expected
>> to fail.
>
> Ok, so the next "monthly" release could be 10.1.0 then.

Maybe. I haven't looked at the JASPIC changes at all yet.

> About that context path problem, do we still keep it as is or do we
> try to add a bundled workaround ?

I'd be -0 on implementing a clean, low impact solution that didn't
change the overall deployment approach. I haven't got a fully thought
through solution but I've been thinking about something based on the
auto deployer renaming the WAR providing there are no conflicts.

The catch is you need to parse web.xml to get the new name and that
isn't available until later in the deployment process.

Mark

Re: Jakarta EE 10 update

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Feb 23, 2022 at 8:01 PM Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> Just a quick update.
>
> Current planned release date is ~March 2022.
>
> Tomcat 10.1.x currently passes the latest builds of the Servlet, JSP, EL
> and WebSocket TCK with the exception of the one Servlet test we expected
> to fail.

Ok, so the next "monthly" release could be 10.1.0 then.

About that context path problem, do we still keep it as is or do we
try to add a bundled workaround ?

Rémy