Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ole Ersoy <ol...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/01 07:19:44 UTC

jsvc.pid question / Possibility of jsvc.pid collisions?

Hi,

I was wondering whether there is a possibility for collisions for multiple servers running with jsvc on the same machine.  JSVC stores the tomcat process ID in:

/var/run/jsvc.pid

What if another server tried to do the same?  Is this a valid concern and if so is there a way to change the name of jsvc.pid to say tomcat-jsvc.pid?

Thanks,
- Ole

Re: jsvc.pid question / Possibility of jsvc.pid collisions?

Posted by Ole Ersoy <ol...@gmail.com>.
Super - Thanks Azhar - definitely making a note of the -pidfile switch.

Thanks again,
- Ole

Posted by Waseem Azhar <wa...@gmail.com>.