Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Chaz PC <dr...@hotmail.com> on 2015/12/07 12:31:43 UTC

CloudStack Logging, the log4j Configuration file

I am studying the logging process used by CloudStack and came accross the configuration file that is used by Log4j. What is confusing to me is that all the resources is stating that the "log4j-cloud.xml" is supposed to be the file used to confiugre the logging, but what I have noticed is that no matter what are the changes I made using this file it would just go back to what it was. Never the less I found if I change the "log4j-cloud.xml.in" file these changes will be reflected on the created log files.

There are around 13 "log4j-cloud.xml" files  as well as 13 "log4-cloud.xml.in" files spreaded accross the source code. These files are not the same, some of them may have the same configuration but mostly they differ.

Can you please explain the diffrences between these files.

Waiting for your answer.

Best Regards

Hanan

Re: CloudStack Logging, the log4j Configuration file

Posted by Miguel Ferreira <MF...@schubergphilis.com>.
+1 on this question.
I too would like to know the reason for having all these files in different modules.