Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/15 15:45:18 UTC

Re: Problem Apache CXF DOSGi - Pax Web Extender

Hi all,

Sorry for chiming in late. I was on leave...

On why these new bundles are part of the 1.1 single bundle distro.
With 1.1 support for distributed discovery was now implemented. The
discovery component uses the OSGi Configuration Admin service so
that's why it was added to the single bundle distro. This distro is
really aimed at getting started quickly, but in cases as described in
this thread the multi-bundle distro is almost always a better choice
as you can leave out bundle for which you already have another version
in your system.

However during the system test work that I did a little while ago I
also experienced that Felix can sometimes be really slow when starting
up with a larger set of bundles. I will share my test case with the
Felix community, it might help them to work on a fix for this.

For the moment there are a couple of things you could do.
* Try using Equinox, if you don't want to switch for real, even just
temporarily. As Sergey suggested this should work. The Felix OBR
should work on Equinox just as well. As you are using pax-runner it
should be easy to switch between Felix and Equinox even just to try it
out.
* You could build your own multibundle distro that doesn't have the
bundles that you are already providing. It's pretty simple to do, have
a look here for a starting point:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/dosgi/trunk/distribution/single-bundle/pom.xml
Just provide a similar maven module with the dependencies you don't
want removed...

Hope this helps,

David