Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Balaji Chockalingam <ch...@yahoo.com> on 2009/06/02 17:43:03 UTC

Jira Ticket JS2-761- Portal Fail To Come Up

Hi,
Recently I received ‘Concurrent Modification exception’ when I tried to export psml pages from portal database to file system. I found  a similar  issue addressed in JIRA ticket https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-761. But this fix is applied only to the trunk and I believe it will be available in the latest release 2.2.

I'm using Jetspeed portal version 2.1.3 along with the fix from database page manager cache where it’s been refactored to use ehcache from 2.1.3-POSTRELEASE. To resolve the issue of concurrent modification exception, I downloaded the files listed in JIRA ticket JS2-761, and merged it with the version we have. After merge, I try to bring up tomcat, found that the changes made to fix concurrent modification exception issue are not backward compatible, and so the portal fails to come up, since several beans fail to initialize.

Please let me know if changes listed in JIRA ticket JS2-761 can work with the version I use(2.1.3 + fix from database page manager cache refactored to use ehcache from 2.1.3 POSTRELEASE)

Thanks & Regards

Balaji