Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2007/04/27 12:37:47 UTC

[HeadsUp] JCR mapping code moving from Graffito to Jackrabbit

Hi Lenya devs,

just a heads-up: The JCR mapping code is being moved from
Graffito to Jackrabbit:

http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=10136772&framed=y

Maybe the move is not the important aspect here, but the fact
that quite a lot of people are interested in such a mapping layer.

I still think that Lenya won't get more acceptance in enterprise
level environments without a performant, transactional repository.
The JCR mapping could certainly help to base Lenya on JCR.

-- Andreas

Re: [HeadsUp] JCR mapping code moving from Graffito to Jackrabbit

Posted by Joern Nettingsmeier <ne...@folkwang-hochschule.de>.
Michael Ralston wrote:
> I don't think I'll make it to Zurich. Hopefully before then I can
> contribute my code and show someone else how it works.
>
> Joern, you seem the most interested, would you like me to send you a
> zip to take a look at?

sure. problem is: i suck at java programming: when i read code, my lips
move. it's likely i won't get the big picture... i would first need to
read some basics about EJB anyways.

> The biggest thing holding up my submission is figuring out how to
> actually do it, i've split src/java into src/common and src/java. I've
> made src/ejb and src/modules/ejbac and src/modules/ejbsource. Also
> patched a bunch of interfaces.

i would be interested in seeing your data structures (maybe compared to
lenya equivalents). and it will certainly be helpful to see which lenya
interfaces you needed to modify (there's probably lessons to be learned
even if EJB does not make it into lenya).

--
jörn nettingsmeier

home://germany/45128 essen/lortzingstr. 11/
http://spunk.dnsalias.org
phone://+49/201/491621

Kurt is up in Heaven now.

Re: [HeadsUp] JCR mapping code moving from Graffito to Jackrabbit

Posted by Jörn Nettingsmeier <ne...@apache.org>.
Michael Ralston wrote:
> I don't think I'll make it to Zurich. Hopefully before then I can
> contribute my code and show someone else how it works.
>
> Joern, you seem the most interested, would you like me to send you a
> zip to take a look at?
>
> The biggest thing holding up my submission is figuring out how to
> actually do it, i've split src/java into src/common and src/java. I've
> made src/ejb and src/modules/ejbac and src/modules/ejbsource. Also
> patched a bunch of interfaces.
>
> I'm open to suggestions...

can you zip or tar me an svn diff against trunk and mail it to me
privately? i will then create a sandbox svn branch where we can play
with your stuff...

thanks,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier

Kurt is up in heaven now.

Re: code contributions (was Re: [HeadsUp] JCR mapping code moving from Graffito to Jackrabbit)

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Michael Ralston schrieb:
> I've been using my own subversion server, with svn:externals pointing
> back to the apache svn server for things I haven't changed. So the
> directories which I have changed are being fetched from my svn server,
> and the directories I haven't changed are being fetched from the
> apache svn server.
>
> I guess the easiest way would be to remove all the .svn directories

BTW, that's easier with "svn export".

-- Andreas

Posted by Michael Ralston <mi...@ralston.id.au>.

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.

Posted by Michael Ralston <mi...@kcms.com.au>.
how would you suggest i create a patch which divides the src/java
directory into two different directories? (one which contains cocoon

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.

Posted by Michael Ralston <mi...@ralston.id.au>.

Posted by Joern Nettingsmeier <ne...@folkwang-hochschule.de>.