Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Olaf Lenzmann <ol...@lenzmann.com> on 2005/07/07 12:03:08 UTC

Site generation failes to replace strings from template

Hi,

I'm evaluating Maven 1-1-b1 on a small plain vanilla project, running it on
XP and Debian Sarge. Running "maven site" completes on both OS,
but on the Debian box the HTMLs in /target/docs do not contain the properly
substituted localized strings, but still show the template keys, e.g.
"???template.project_info.section.title???". Same thing works fine on XP.

Forcing the site locale in project.properties to either "en" or "de" has not
changed anything. The templates are available in
~/.maven/cache/maven-xdoc-plugin-1.9.1/plugin-resources/templates and look
ok.

Any help would be appreciated.

Olaf

Re: Site generation failes to replace strings from template

Posted by Michael Niemaz <Mi...@xrce.xerox.com>.
Have a look at the thread with Subject 'Having a problem with the
Project Info Reports'

--mike

Posted by Olaf Lenzmann <ol...@lenzmann.com>.
You guys are quick - problem solved, thanks a lot!

Olaf

this is a know bug on UNIX systems.  (MPXDOC-148) Use the snapshot version
of the plugin.

To get the current snapshot, you can run :
maven plugin:download -DgroupId=maven -DartifactId=maven-xdoc-plugin
-Dversion=SNAPSHOT

don't forget to set the maven.repo.remote properties to
http://cvs.apache.org/repository

Stéphane

Posted by stéphane bouchet <St...@emn.fr>.