Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Carl McDade <ca...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/03 23:05:18 UTC

test suite returns all errors

I just installed CouchDB on Windows XP and opened it in FF. Everything
seemed ok (creating DBs and documents) but when I run  the test suite
all tests retrun

Exception raised: {"error":"EXIT","reason":"{badarg,[{erlang,port_control,\n

Is this normal for windows or is there something seriously wrong?

--
Carl McDade
Content Management Systems Consultant

Re: test suite returns all errors

Posted by Li Zhengji <zh...@gmail.com>.
No. CouchDB should works well on Windows except *database compaction*.

I suspect that I can make a replica and then replace the db file with
the replica as a manual-compaction.

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> wrote:

> Yeah :) CouchDB does not yet work on Windows ;)
>
> Cheers
> Jan

Li Zhengji
If all you have is a hammer, everything is a nail.

Re: test suite returns all errors

Posted by Carl McDade <ca...@gmail.com>.
Found the problem,

The windows binary package of R13B dated before 2009-04-22 does not
contain crypto-1.16.1. The directory installs but remains empty.
CouchDB uses Mochiweb which runs a check for this module. But it does
not check during all operations or install. So you may not see the
problem until crypto is called as it is in the test suite.

/Carl

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.