Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Stefan Burkard <sb...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/15 15:05:15 UTC

Maven properties become Manifest headers?

Hi Felix-Users

I added a Maven property to my POM file with the name "<Spring-Context>".

I did this to use it's value in the "instructions" block of the
maven-bundle-plugin. To my surprise, I didn't needed to add it to the
instructions block. The property was already "magically" added with it's
value to the manifest-file.

Is this a documented feature of the maven-bundle-plugin to recognize
manifest-headers by name in the maven properties?

Thanks
Stefan

Re: Maven properties become Manifest headers?

Posted by Stefan Burkard <sb...@gmail.com>.
I found that Bnd copies instructions with a capital letter automatically to
the manifest:
http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-maven-bundle-plugin-bnd.html =>
heading "Features", first list element.

I think it would be worth to document that the maven-bundle-plugin does the
same with maven- or session-properties.

Thanks a lot!
Stefan

Von "aabändle" bis "zwüsche" - das umfangreichste Berndeutsch-Wörterbuch
im Internet: http://www.berndeutsch.ch
Ausserdem: Das Blog zur Website unter http://blog.berndeutsch.ch
Facebook-Seite unter https://www.facebook.com/berndeutsch
Google+ Seite unter http://www.google.com/+berndeutsch