Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by sparky2708 <da...@columbia.edu> on 2006/07/28 14:49:02 UTC

JMeter and ActiveMQ Configuration Setup

Can someone please enlighten me on the proper configuration setup between
ActiveMQ and JMeter. I was following the steps on the website (see below).
The first thing I found out was that the InitialContextFactory should have
"apache" in the package name (I guess a recent change). But I still get the
following. Any ideas?:

2006/07/28 08:41:02 ERROR -
jmeter.protocol.jms.client.InitialContextFactory: lookupContext:: Cannot
instantiate class: org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory
2006/07/28 08:41:02 ERROR - jmeter.protocol.jms.client.Publisher: Could not
initialize JNDI Initial Context Factory

Here's what I found on JMeter's website about ActiveMQ:

Name  Value  Description
JMS Resources
-----------------
QueueuConnectionFactory  ConnectionFactory  This is the default JNDI entry
for the connection factory within active mq.
JNDI Name Request Queue  Q.REQQ  This is equal to the JNDI name defined in
the JNDI properties.
JNDI Name Reply Queue  Q.RPL  This is equal to the JNDI name defined in the
JNDI properties.

Message Properties
---------------------------
Communication Style  Request Response  This means that you need at least a
service that responds to the requests.
Content  test  This is just the content of the message.
JMS Properties     Nothing needed for active mq.
JNDI Properties
InitialContextFactory  org.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory  The
standard InitialContextFactory for Active MQ

Properties
brokerURL  tcp://localhost:61616  This defines the url of the active mq
messaging system.
queue.Q.REQ  example.Q.REQ  This defines a JNDI name Q.REQ for the request
queue that points to the queue example.Q.REQ.
queue.Q.RPL  example.Q.RPL  This defines a JNDI name Q.RPL for the reply
queue that points to the queue example.Q.RPL.