Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Bhavesh Shah <bh...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/04 07:16:50 UTC

Regarding the error in Hive query

Hello,
I am trying to implement join query in HIve but I am getting error.

My query is:
insert overwrite table t1 select subset.* from subset s JOIN testencounter
t on (t.patient_mrn =s.patient_mrn and t.encounter_date<=s.encounter_date)
where s.cad=0;
I am getting error as:
FAILED: Error in semantic analysis: Line 1:114 Both left and right aliases
encountered in JOIN Encounter_Date

What is this error I am not getting it? Pls suggest me some solution.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Bhavesh Shah

Re: Regarding the error in Hive query

Posted by James Warren <ja...@stanfordalumni.org>.
(moving to user@hive, bcc'ing dev@hive)

Hi Bhavesh -

Hive only supports equality conditions for joins.  See

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/LanguageManual+Joins

cheers,
-James

Posted by James Warren <ja...@stanfordalumni.org>.