Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by ketan dikshit <kd...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2017/07/25 13:43:30 UTC

CDH Hbase on S3

Hi,

We are using Kylin 1.5 currently with CDH 5.4.4 and will be upgrading to Kylin 2 on CDH 5.11 very soon.
We are also considering using Hbase with S3 as storage system, in place of hdfs.

I went through this thread: http://apache-kylin.74782.x6.nabble.com/Hbase-on-S3-td8122.html <http://apache-kylin.74782.x6.nabble.com/Hbase-on-S3-td8122.html>

Just wanted to understand, if it is even a feasible solution w.r.t Kylin , specially on the performance part, we are ok with 10-20% downgrade on performance. Also we have around 10TB of data on Hbase for Kylin, and are looking forward to support around 25TB with Kylin, in case we can move on S3 storage.

Any thing that might help me on this would be really great for me !!

Thanks,
Ketan

Re: CDH Hbase on S3

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.
Regarding cube storage, Kylin relies on HBase not on S3. So the question
would better be: Is HBase on S3 a feasible solution? And I think the answer
is definitely yes. You can run HBase on S3 for sure. What is not sure is
the performance downgrade due to the degraded data locality... which I
don't know.

Appreciate sharing on this topic too.

On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 9:43 PM, ketan dikshit <kdcool6932@yahoo.com.invalid